Re: mu4e, coding system?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: mu4e, coding system?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 17:49:08 +0300

> From: henry atting <atting@byom.de>
> Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:15:52 +0200
>
> I use mu4e from git. For some time past I'm always prompted to select a coding
> system before sending the message:
>
> `Select coding system (default raw-text):`
>
> How can I get rid of this annoying behaviour?

Emacs prompts for this encoding when it detects raw bytes in your
email message that it cannot interpret as characters.

I don't know how that happened: it could be something you do as a
user, or it could be something in your Emacs setup, or it could be a
bug in mu4e.  It is impossible to tell which without knowing more
details, like the text which Emacs flags in this case.