Re: shell-command in Windows 7

From: 42 147
Subject: Re: shell-command in Windows 7
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 09:40:24 +0200

Two problems before:

(1) I got the error message

(Shell command failed with code 1 and no output)

Even when the files / programs / directories would open as desired. This was still undesirable buggy behavior.

(2) Each time I launched Emacs I had to switch to the other directory string format to get back (1). This made no sense at all. To be specific:

(a) "E:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"

had to be switched to:

(b) "E:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"

in the body of the code I cited in the first e-mail, if (a) was what I had the previous Emacs launch. And (b) had to be switched back to (a) if (b) was what I had the previous Emacs launch.

It's also possible the alternating was dependent on a Windows reset. I had only been launching Emacs once per Windows session.