Re: How to delete all text from beginning of buffer to mark

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: Re: How to delete all text from beginning of buffer to mark
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 13:39:04 +0200

Angus Comber <anguscomber@gmail.com> writes:

> I am in a large file of text and my cursor is at the start of the text
> I want. I want to delete all the text before the cursor. I know I can
> set the mark using C-sp but how do I then select to the beginning of
> the file?
>
> What is the best way to basically delete all text before the cursor in
> the buffer?

In Evil mode this one way to do it: `d 0 k d gg` ;)

If you the text you want is at the start of a line you can skip the
initial `d 0`.

/M

--
Magnus Therning              OpenPGP: 0x927912051716CE39
email: magnus@therning.org   jabber: magnus@therning.org

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think,
“I know, I’ll use MySQL.” Now their problem is a single point of
failure.