HTML rendering and docview not

From: Tomas Nordin
Subject: HTML rendering and docview not
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 23:24:09 +0200

Hello list

This is maybe a question for the notmuch list but I try here. I have
emacs 26.0.50 and notmuch 0.24 (new computer, new everything). In a
notmuch-show buffer (reading a message) on an attachment "button" one
can call notmuch-show-view-part. If part is a pdf, docview will run and
the pdf is displayed within emacs. Very cool, but I would prefer it to
open with an external application.

For rendering html parts in a message, it is done now with something,
but I prefer it to be done with w3m.

Some settings

(setq browse-url-browser-function 'w3m-goto-url)

# .mailcap
application/pdf; evince %s; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"
text/html; /usr/bin/w3m -I %{charset} -dump -T text/html %s; copiousoutput;
description=HTML Text; nametemplate=%s.html

I am tired and I cannot find the ways to configure this, any pointers
will make me happy.

Best regards
--
Tomas