Re: ncftp + ange ftp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: ncftp + ange ftp
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 16:49:55 +0200

Pierre Lorenzon <devel@pollock-nageoire.net> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Pierre,

> Is it possible to configure ange ftp to use ncftp program ? I
> set ange-ftp-ftp-program-name to ncftp and
> ange-ftp-ftp-program-args to nil since options for ftp did not
> seem to be suitable for ncftp. Maybe other flags has to be
> supplied here. Anyway it does not work as if ange ftp were not
> able to parse output provided by ncftp.

Indeed, ncftp does not return error messages as expected by
ange-ftp. See this:

ncftp / > get xxx
get xxx: server said: Failed to open file.

ftp> get xxx
200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.
550 Failed to open file.

So I doubt it will be simple to train ange-ftp understanding ncftp.

> Regards
>
> Pierre

Best regards, Michael.