Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 07:50:59 +0900

> On Jul 3, 2017, at 7:35, Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:
>
> Hey, why don't we translate Emacs Lisp? We can
> start with Swedish!
>
>    `find-file'   = `öppna-fil'
>    `kill-region' = `radera-stycke'
>
> Oh, that's right. We don't do it because it is
> a bad idea.

Well, actually Scheme allows for that in a trivial way and it's an excellent
tool to bring technology to more people. Requiring millions of people to learn
enough of a native language to allow them to access a tiny subset of that
language is a waste of human ressources. *That* is the bad idea.

Jean-Christophe