Re: How to get the list of modified files in VC?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: How to get the list of modified files in VC?
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 20:51:50 +0200

On 2017-07-25, at 16:26, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

>> From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
>> Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 07:32:50 +0200
>>
>> I'm writing some code on top of VC.  I'd need to get the list of
>> modified files in the current repository.  How do I do that (other than
>> firing git as an external process)?
>
> I suggest to look at what vc-dir-refresh does, I'm sure some variant
> of that is what you want.  The back-end call 'dir-status-files' is the
> backbone of this.

Thanks, but I still have questions.  I learned about
vc-BACKEND-dir-status-files functions, but I don't really understand how
to use one.  And they are not extremely well documented...

This is not a huge problem - I can always just run git directly - but
I wanted to do it "the right way";-).

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski