Re: unable to visit /ftp:address@hidden:~

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: unable to visit /ftp:address@hidden:~
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 00:38:42 +0200

Hi Michael,
* Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> [2017-08-16; 12:01]:
> Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> writes:
>> The culprit is probably the "234 AUTH TLS successful" line, since
>> in ange-ftp.el, there is no "234" as part of a regex.
>
> This and other lines. Should work now, with my latest patch uploaded to
> the Emacs repo.

Yes, I checked: it does.  This is great.  Thank you for your help.

> Btw, you don't need to set "-p" explicitely. See
> `ange-ftp-try-passive-mode' and `ange-ftp-passive-host-alist'.

Also yes, the only needed extra arg with respect to emacs'
default configuration of ange-ftp-ftp-program-args is "-e", as
you posted prior.

And for the record: ange-ftp is able to use login credentials in
~/.authinfo.gpg when told so via ange-ftp-netrc-filename.

I now have to find out, what in my configuration hinders
emacs/ange-ftp to list ftp directory contents.  I assume it's my
dired-listing-switches setting, I'll investigate after having a
sleep.

Thank you very much, Gregor