Re: program to compute gears, with table

From: Tomas Nordin
Subject: Re: program to compute gears, with table
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 23:08:12 +0200

> Why make things complicated? I do such stuff with spreadsheets. That's
> what they were invented for. Part of every office software including
> free ones.

As pointed out already, maybe because it's fun. Maybe because you're
curious if you can do such thing in lisp. Maybe you realize that if you
do it you will learn more lisp as you go. Maybe you would like to write
it with a tool that is perfectly suited for public discussion and review
on a certain mailing list to get some useful feedback. Maybe you want to
start out playing with a language you love for a later implementation of
a cooler on-line calculator. And so on...