Re: Editing MediaWiki pages

From: N. Raghavendra
Subject: Re: Editing MediaWiki pages
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 00:03:12 +0530

At 2017-11-15T17:47:12+01:00, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

>> > Both of these blocks came from my emacs init
>> > file, in my case an org-file, and they then
>> > are able to be used as required.
>> >
>> > Does this help?
>>
>> I'm pretty sure he meant the begin/end block
>> around the source so that Gnus shows the code
>> with font lock as would a regular .el file only
>> still in article mode...
>
> Those BEGIN_SRC/END_SRC are standard org-mode markup for
> source code blocks.

Yes, but I don't know if that's relevant to the highlighting of these
blocks in Gnus, which was what Narendra asked about.

The source code blocks in Sharon's message are enclosed between the
strings

"--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---\n"

and

"--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---\n",

which are the default values of `message-mark-insert-begin' and
`message-mark-insert-end'.  The function `message-mark-inserted-region',
whose default binding in Message mode is `C-c M-m', encloses the active
region between these two strings.

If the sender of a message marks a part of the message like this, and if
the recipient views the message as a Gnus article, then the marked text
appears in the face `mm-uu-extract'; on my dark background for Emacs,
the face has a dark green background, and a light yellow foreground.
This is the only highlighting that I see when I view Sharon's message.
I wonder if this is what Narendra meant by "syntax highlighted", or if
he meant something else.

Regards,
Raghu.

--