Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (mult

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (multiple) pictures to be included
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 10:40:12 +0100

Rusi wrote, in his 2011 post [1]

    * Brainstorming-n-outlining
      TAB and the basic structure navigation and editing features
    * Exporting and Publishing
    *** html export
    *** Odt export
    *** Web publishing
    *** Latex publishing
    *** Presentations
    ***** Lightweight options
      http://orgmode.org/worg/org-configs/org-customization-guide.html
    ***** Beamer
    * Babel
    *** For programming
    *** For teaching programming
    *** For doing science (R)
    *** For scientific publishing (R+Latex)
    * Time/project mgmt (GTD)
    *** Agenda
    *** Time tracking
    *** capture-archive
    *** Journalling
    *** org-habit
    * Tables and spreadsheets
    * Integration with other emacs uses
    *** gnus
    *** bbdb/ org-contacts
    *** firefox (org-protocol)
    *** graphics (R, ditaa...)

That sounds like an IDE to me because it is
basically a long list of technologies that has
nothing to do with, or at least doesn't have to
have anything to do with, Org mode. I never
liked IDEs for the reasons stated in my
because they weren't cool. Which of course they
weren't. Now it seems someone has cooked
together an IDE that is much better than
Eclipse, .net, and all that, and it is cool and
Emacsy. To me it is still an IDE tho which is
the reason I don't like it.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-09/msg00732.html

--
underground experts united