Man-mode showing bytes at line end positions

From: Narendra Joshi
Subject: Man-mode showing bytes at line end positions
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 17:18:51 +0530

Hi,

`Man-mode' is showing bytes in man-pages. I checked with `emacs -Q` and I
see that the text for a man page isn't wrapped and this problem isn't
there. I don't have any special configuration for `Man-mode`. Can
someone point in the right direction for debugging what might be causing
this?

I have attached a screenshot of a man-page in `Man-mode` that
demonstrates the problem.

PNG image

Enabled minor modes: Abbrev Async-Bytecomp-Package Auto-Composition
Auto-Compression Auto-Encryption Beginend-Global Blink-Cursor Column-Number
Company-Statistics Delete-Selection Diff-Auto-Refine Discover Display-Battery
Display-Time Electric-Indent Electric-Pair Eval-Sexp-Fu-Flash Eyebrowse
File-Name-Shadow Font-Lock Global-Auto-Revert Global-Company Global-Discover
Global-Eldoc Global-Flycheck Global-Font-Lock Global-Git-Commit
Global-Git-Gutter Ivy Keyfreq Keyfreq-Autosave Line-Number Magit-Auto-Revert
Menu-Bar Midnight Minibuffer-Depth-Indicate Mouse-Wheel Override-Global Recentf
Save-Place Savehist Shell-Dirtrack Show-Paren Tooltip Transient-Mark Which-Key
Yas Yas-Global

Thanks,
--
Narendra Joshi