Re: Man-mode showing bytes at line end positions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Man-mode showing bytes at line end positions
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 22:14:21 +0200

> From: Narendra Joshi <narendraj9@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 00:23:58 +0530
>
> > Does it happen in "emacs -Q"?
> >
> No, it doesn't. The text isn't wrapped to 80 columns with `emacs
> -Q`.

Is that relevant to the issue at hand?  Are you saying that because of
a different wrapping, you don't see the non-ASCII hyphen characters at
all?  If so, set COLUMNS=80 in the environment, or play with the width
of your window/frame, to get the wrapping.

> It's not clear to me what might be causing it to be limited to 80
> columns.

The width of the window in which the man page will be displayed.