Any way to control which articles Gnus summary shows by default?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Any way to control which articles Gnus summary shows by default?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 10:27:51 +0200

Hi,

for example, I want to use registry custom marks to flag some articles
"important" (M M i).  When I enter a group, it would be nice if these
important articles would be shown, because they are, well, important to
me.  I don't want to tick or set unread articles only to make them been
shown by default.

I know about `gnus-alter-articles-to-read-function', but AFAICT that
does something different: something like

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-function :around gnus-alter-articles-to-read-function
              (defun my-gnus-auto-show-registry-marked (f group-name
article-list)
                (cl-union
                 (delq nil
                       (mapcar (lambda (id) (cdr (gnus-request-head id
group-name)))
                               (cl-loop for key being the hash-keys of (oref
gnus-registry-db data)
                                        using (hash-values v)
                                        when (assoc 'mark v)
                                        collect key)))
                 (funcall f group-name article-list))))
#+end_src

will only fetch all those articles (I guess), but won't make them been
shown by default.

Michael.