Re: Help with PHP setup

From: Van L
Subject: Re: Help with PHP setup
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 12:32:20 +1000

>> I am trying to set emacs up so that I can use it for PHP development.
>>
>> What I am looking for:
>> a) A way to open the files, via my vagrant or lampp setup, in the browser.
>> b) Update the view in the browser as I save changes to the file in the
>> editor.
>> c) Switch the view in the browser as I switch from file to file and continue
>> to see the updates upon save.
>>
>> I have tried the 'impatient-mode' and found it jittery. I do not necessarily
>> need 'Live-Preview' ... just update upon save.
>>
>> If I can configure Emacs I won't have to bother learning other editors and
>> can concentrate on the learning.
>
> Same here. Any hint on how to do a live update in localhost or somewhere
> where the php code can be run ?

At a guess, are you trying to do the following?

- You have a host: php-dev.example.com

- You have a file there /-:php-dev.example.com:/usr/local/site/info.php

- You have ssh terminal access using `ssh php-dev.example.com`

- You want to add the line `<pre>x</pre>` in info.php? and see the result in
Firefox web browser as
https://php-dev.example.com/info.php