send-string-to-terminal truncates the string to length 17384

From: Amos Bird
Subject: send-string-to-terminal truncates the string to length 17384
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 01:39:54 +0800

Hi,

I use send-string-to-terminal as a osc52 clipboard content generator. However it seems to have a implicit uplimit on the string size, which I don't find by looking at the source code.

```
DEFUN ("send-string-to-terminal", Fsend_string_to_terminal,
      Ssend_string_to_terminal, 1, 2, 0,
      doc: /* Send STRING to the terminal without alteration.
Control characters in STRING will have terminal-dependent effects.

Optional parameter TERMINAL specifies the tty terminal device to use. It may be a terminal object, a frame, or nil for the terminal used by the currently selected frame. In batch mode, STRING is sent to stdout
when TERMINAL is nil.  */)
 (Lisp_Object string, Lisp_Object terminal)
{
 struct terminal *t = decode_live_terminal (terminal);
 FILE *out;

/* ??? Perhaps we should do something special for multibyte strings here. */
 CHECK_STRING (string);
 block_input ();

 if (t->type == output_initial)
   out = stdout;
else if (t->type != output_termcap && t->type != output_msdos_raw)
   error ("Device %d is not a termcap terminal device", t->id);
 else
   {
     struct tty_display_info *tty = t->display_info.tty;

     if (! tty->output)
        error ("Terminal is currently suspended");

     if (tty->termscript)
        {
fwrite_unlocked (SDATA (string), 1, SBYTES (string), tty->termscript);
          fflush_unlocked (tty->termscript);
        }
     out = tty->output;
   }
 fwrite_unlocked (SDATA (string), 1, SBYTES (string), out);
 fflush_unlocked (out);
 unblock_input ();
 return Qnil;
}
```

I'm using libvte to test the issue. Sending the string directly from terminal or inside tmux works fine. It gets truncated when sending via emacs's send-string-to-terminal.

Any ideas? Thanks!

regards,

--
Amos Bird