Re: Changing font size of all the buffers including the status line and

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Changing font size of all the buffers including the status line and the characters shown in electric-buffer
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 08:23:14 -0400

ISHIKAWA,chiaki <ishikawa@yk.rim.or.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Inside a buffer, I can do c-x c-+ to enlarge the font of the text INSIDE
> that buffer, but the characters shown on the window pane, so to speak
> does not become larger, neither the characters on the status line.

Hello Chiaki,

I'm on my phone, so just posting a link to my config:
https://github.com/kaushalmodi/.emacs.d/blob/master/setup-files/setup-visual.el

In there, you can search for "Global Font Resize". I use set-face-attribute
to resize *all* fonts, including the ones in the mode line, etc. The
function under that title depends on the default-font-size-pt defvar that I
define in the same file.

See if that works for you, or let me know if you need a more portable
version of that code.