interference between package and exec-path values ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: interference between package and exec-path values ?
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 01:41:54 +0900

I am using the most recent master.

I am finding that having this line in my .emacs.el:

(setq exec-path (append "/usr/local/bin/" exec-path))

interferes with package to the point that I can't install anything.

That's pretty recent so it may be connected with something that I installed in
/usr/local/bin but I have no idea what that could be.

When I start emacs with that line and I call package-list-package I get:

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
error in process filter: if: Wrong type argument: stringp, 47
error in process filter: Wrong type argument: stringp, 47
Package refresh done
error in process filter: if: Wrong type argument: stringp, 47
error in process filter: Wrong type argument: stringp, 47

And I can't install anything (same error).

Any idea what that could be?

Jean-Christophe Helary