RE: hideshow docstring in elisp or common lisp code

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: hideshow docstring in elisp or common lisp code
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 19:34:05 -0800 (PST)

> I would like to hide/show docstrings of my common lisp
> code.  Has that been defined in some hideshow package?
> If not I'll give it a shot, initially for defuns.

This is all you need to do, but you need these 3 libraries:
`zones.el', `highlight.el', `isearch-prop.el'.

1. Create zones of all of the doc strings, fontifying
   the full buffer.

   `M-x zz-create-face-zones font-lock-doc-face'

2. Toggle invisibility of the zones.

   `M-x isearchp-toggle-zones-invisible'

Step 1 fontifies the full buffer, then creates a
sequence of non-overlapping buffer zones for the
doc strings. Step 2 makes the zones invisible.
Use the same toggle command, to make them visible.

I defined this stuff for Elisp code, but I imagine
it works also for Common Lisp code.

You can get all 3 libraries from Emacs Wiki.

After the latest version of `zones.el' gets added
to GNU ELPA (soon, I think) you can get it (but not
the others) also from GNU ELPA.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs?action=elisp-area;context=0