TRAMP sudo method not asking for password

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: TRAMP sudo method not asking for password
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:36:19 +0100

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem: the TRAMP sudo method stopped asking me
for the password.  How is that possible?  sudo in terminal behaves
normally, so it cannot be some global setting I messed up.

emacs -Q does TRT, i.e., asks for the password.

I understand that I can bisect my init.el, but it is almost 2 klines
long, so before I do that, I'd like to ask - maybe someone will know the
answer off the top of their head?

Note: deleting ~/.emacs.d/tramp didn't help.

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl