Re: Magit obsolete ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Magit obsolete ?
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2019 15:57:00 +0100

Alexis wrote:

> Maybe i'm misunderstanding you, but in the
> context of ELPAs like MELPA, 'obsolete'
> often/usually means "a newer version of this
> package is available". So if version
> 20190202.1535 of Magit is available, but you
> were looking at the description for an
> earlier version, e.g. 20190201.2340, you'll
> be told that version is "obsolete".

Yeah, that's what I said in my first post.
You said it better but I also said it. See?
I'm smart :)

But not so smart as to understand why the OP
ends up with a page for an obsolete/outdated
version of Magit, instead of the regular one?

Perhaps the OP was such a bad boy he navigated
there thru some unconventional, perhaps even
obsolete method?

> Of course, this is indeed a different meaning
> to how 'obsolete' is used in non-ELPA Emacs
> contexts, where "this library is obsolete"
> often/usually means "don't use this library
> any more".

Perhaps this is a case when one should have
obeyed tradition. However at this time there is
a new tradition and if people changed it it
would perhaps cause even more confusion.

Obey tradition!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573