Re: [OFFTOPIC] 1L?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] 1L?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 10:02:32 -0500

> Debian can be a pain in the arse for getting Emacs's documentation
> because of purist's polemical interpretation of freedom is my
> understanding.

BTW, while I did mention Debian in my original answer
(simply because I happen to use and like Debian), I really meant "any
GNU/Linux distribution you like".

I still stand by my recommendation that instead of changing your
hardware in response to Apple dropping support for it, you might be
better served by installing GNU/Linux on it.

        Stefan

PS: The reason why I use Debian is because 15 years ago its package
management tools were much better than the competition (or at least the
part of the competition that I knew back then).  And I haven't been
bothered enough since to try and look for something else (tho I do like
the NixOS design better).