Re: Google Gmail mailing list bounces

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 14:36:52 +0900

> On Feb 19, 2019, at 14:23, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
>
> Not having grown up with it people now arriving on the scene and using
> it are using the mailers that have been marketed to them.  They now
> have no idea how mail works.  It all might as well be magic to them.
> If it truly were magic there would be no difference to them.

I started mailing in 95 from a private ISP and it was not obvious then either :)
A lot of people literally *grow up* with modern interfaces now, so it's a
loosing battle.

> I keep thinking that people will see how bad the Gmail/Outlook
> interface to mail is and will leave them to use better ones.

Even offline clients GUI does not give easy access to that information. For ex,
when I display "All headers" in my client (Apple's Mail.app) I only get a
greyed out list of seemingly meaningless strings.

I'd love to have a client that displays "List-Unsubscribe:
⁨<https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/options/help-gnu-emacs>⁩" as an actual *link*
to the ressource. Silly question: do such clients exist ? :)

Jean-Christophe Helary