help-gnu-music

Re: Request for help unanswered

From: Antonio Palama'
Subject: Re: Request for help unanswered
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:32:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> Certainly! I even found the October question saved in my way too
> large mail inbox:
>

> address@hidden said:
> > How do I specify quarter note repetitions?
> > Something like
> > c8 r \repetitions 4*3 |
> > which should produce a 1/8 C a 1/8 rest and 3 fat slashes?
>
> Unfortunately, the \repetitions command has been removed from
> Lilypond, waiting for me to get some time to make a better
> implementation. Then, I'll also add support not only for
> single bar repetitions but also for single beat and
> multi-bar repetitions (I even think I implemented the different
> symbols in Metafont but never submitted the patch since there
> was no logic implemented to support them).

Ahi Ahi (Italian idiom to express pain, probably understood abroad also)
I'm afraid I'll have to stick with 1.2.17: \repetitions is indispensable
for my music typesetting. By the way, the implementation in 1.2.17 is
perfectly acceptable for me, the only improvements I would like to have
is the quarter note repetition symbol, which could probably be implmented
with something as simple as \quarter_repetition which would simply print
the fat slash.

> Why not resend your question from June, if it' still relevant.

I will resend it soon.

Thanks a lot Mats,

Ciao,

Antonio Palama'