help-gnu-music

Re: Font problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Font problem
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 13:16:14 +0200

> While trying to give my first steps with liylpond, I got the following
> error messages in the terminal:
> - can't find file 'feta20'
> - can't find file 'feta-nummer10'
>
> The files were compiled anyway, but the characters were strange, even
> that all the notes were in place.
> I've looked for those files, and they were in several folders, including
> in the make paths, so I'm not sure what to do to prevent this.

You didn't state which Lilypond version you tried, so I will
assume a recent 1.3.1xx Lilypond version. My guess is that
during the configure run, you got a small warning saying that
the kpathsea library couldn't be found. Depending on the
Linux distribution you have, you may have to add a separate
package with the development libraries for teTeX, see the
Lilypond Installation instructions.
Don't forget to remove the file config.cache before you
rerun configure.

Wait a second, there may be another problem. Read the
section on Running in the installation instructions.
The Redhat package for Lilypond puts copies of
lilypond-profile in /etc/profile.d/ which means that
the environment variable settings will be done
automatically the next time you login. I'm actually
not sure if 'make install' does the same thing, otherwise
you can do it manually.

      /Mats