help-gnu-music

Re: Tied grace chords

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Tied grace chords
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 13:59:23 +0200

> In piano music it's common to have a 'grace' chord in one hand, tied
> over to a wider-spanning chord in both hands, like so:
>
> \score {
> \notes \relative c' {
> \grace {<c16 g'>} {<c1 g' c ees g c>}
> }
> }
>
> But I'd like to make ties between the C's and G's here. Is this actually
> possible using \grace ?

There are several limitations with \grace at the moment,
one severe limitation is that you can't have ties or slurs
from the grace notes to the main note. As far as I've heard
this will not be fixed until after version 1.4.

Of course, with some extra job, you could fake the result,
see input/test/fake-grace.ly

      /Mats