help-gnu-music

Re: Q: Typesetting 4 parts with a 2 staff reduction

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Q: Typesetting 4 parts with a 2 staff reduction
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 00:11:21 +0200

> > Try:
> >
> > melody=\notes\relative c'{c4 d e f g a b c}
> > slurs=\notes{ s4 ( s ) s2 ( s2. ) s4}
> >
> > \score{
> >   \context Voice <\melody \slurs>
> > }
>
> Darn.  This trick, (using "s"paces with other commands as a template
> over the notes) fails for me here.  I get:
>
> Interpreting music...warning: unbound spanner `Slur'
> warning: unbound spanner `Slur'
>
> (and there is no slur in the output.)

If you run exactly the example I gave you above, I really hope it
works, at least it does here with 1.3.145.
The trick here is that both the \melody and the \slurs have to
be within the same Voice context. That's why I used the declaration
\context Voice <...

> By the way, is there a way to get the numbers in italic?  I've tried a
> bunch of things, like
>   BarNumber.TextScript \override #'font-style = #'italic
> in the translator and
>   \property BarNumber.TextScript \set #'font-style = #'italic
> within a some notes, but these don't work.

Try
\paper{
  \translator{\ScoreContext
    BarNumber \override #'font-shape = #'italic
  }
}

  /Mats