help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] GNU Radius with --enable-sql=mysql

From: wiwinleung
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] GNU Radius with --enable-sql=mysql
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:39:45 +0800

Thanks Milovan!

I would like to know more.  After I have created a database named RADIUS
and created the 3 tables, how can I connect the radius to mysql?
What I mean is how I should re-written my config files to work with the
mysql database?  Coz it seems that the radius can't connect to mysql
successfully.
For example:
>radauth -v wiwin wiwin123
NO REPLY
Authentication failed

the radiusd is running properly:
Jul 23 16:00:08: [2553]: ready
Jul 23 16:00:08: [2553]: /usr/local/gnu-radius/etc/raddb/users reloaded.
Jul 23 16:00:08: [2553]: using 127.0.0.1 as my IP address
Jul 23 16:00:08: [2554]: Ready to process requests.

and I can access the RADIUS by:

>mysql -u radius -ppassword RADIUS.
Your MySQL connection id is 42 to server version: 3.23.39-log

mysql> select * from passwd;
+-----------+----------+
| user_name | password |
+-----------+----------+
| wiwin     | wiwin123 |
+-----------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
mysql>

Any clue?  Thanks a lot for all of your help.

cheers,
Wiwin

                    "Toni

                    Milovan"             To:     <address@hidden>

                    <address@hidden        cc:

                    u.hr>                Subject:     Re: [Help-gnu-radius] GNU
Radius with --enable-sql=mysql

                    23/07/2001

                    14:16

Well I'm no expert but I somehow succeded to install and run radius on my
solaris. So, first you have to compile your radius with enable-sql=mysql
statement when doing ./configure:
./configure --enable-sql=mysql --prefix=/usr/local/radius
After you compiled and installed radius go in /usr/locl/radius/etc/raddb
and
look at file sqlserver. On the beginning of file you'll have sql statements
needed to create three tables that you need: passwd, calls, groups. Use
that
code in your mysql base, configure your users file and that's it.

Hope it helps,

Toni Milovan