help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] is RADIUS suited for my needs?

From: Serguey Kolesov
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] is RADIUS suited for my needs?
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 23:40:45 +0300

Hello!

    I just decided to install gnu-radius and try to use it. And I
encountered some problems with compiling.

    When I want to

./configure --without-guile --without-server-guile --with-mysql --with-lib-p
ath=/usr/lib/mysql --with-include-path=/usr/include/mysql --enable-yydebug

    I get the following error:

checking for -lmysqlclient... checking for mysql_connect in -lmysqlclient...
no
checking for mysql_connect in -lmysqlclient... (cached) no
no
configure: error: -lmysqlclient not found

    libmysqlclient.so and libmysqlclient.a are present in /usr/lib/mysql
    My system is RedHat 7.0 (as you can guess I have little experience with
compiling software).

    I read the list archives and saw that someone also had the same
problems. But I could not find the way to solve the problem.

    Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Serguey K.