help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] about user settings

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] about user settings
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:58:26 +0300

> But how can I decide the attributes of the check list?
> I don't know what attributes contained in the RADIUS packet from a
> connection.

The check attribute list in a raddb/users entry defines the
_minimal set_ of attributes to be present in a request for
the authentication to take place. In the simplest case, this
minimal set can be empty. So, the only thing you'll have
to specify in your check list is Auth-Type (and possibly
Password, if Auth-Type is a local one).

This is a simplest case. For a more complex one you will have
to consult your NAS documentation and run a couple of tests.

Regards,
Sergey