help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Re: Max users

From: Justin Noack
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Re: Max users
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:32:01 -0700 (PDT)

Well the number of users I think would be 1000 - 3000
users not really that many.

And Thanks for the other help I will look through
there again and see if I ca figure this out.

JN

--- Gerald <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Justin Noack wrote:

>What is the max amount of users this radius server
>can deal with?

I haven't heard of anyone abandoning gnu-radius
because it didn't scale. Perhaps if you could share
the number of users you are trying to setup someone
could reply with: "I have that many working". I prefer
to mysql back end the server and setup redundant
radius boxes that all hit the same or replicated mysql
servers. (Replication is not perfect yet, but what is
currently setup is nice 3.23.52 here.)

>Also how do I setup a way for when a user
>needs a dedicated ip address every time they where
>to login?

Attribute database or attrib file. Sample with DB is
included in the
documentation:

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_mono/radius.html#SEC65

HTH,