help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Help needed

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Help needed
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:17:32 +0300

> How do I populate those tables ? Can somebody give me an examples what to
> put there in case of PPTP server wishing to use CHAP ?

The authentication tables are described in the node `Authentication
Server Parameters' of the documentation, accounting tables are
described in the node `Accounting server parameters'. Basically,
you only need to store into the table passwd the authentication
data for your users. Since you plan to use CHAP, store passwords in
plaintext. For example

insert into passwd values('ilia','Framed-PPP','mypass','Y');

This should allow the user `ilia' to log in using password
`mypass'.

> ... also I need obvously replace "unix_timestamp" function which is
> missing in Postgres :)

Right.

Regards,
Sergey