help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] How to "emulate" CHAP request using radauth ?

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] How to "emulate" CHAP request using radauth ?
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:50:04 +0300

> As I can see in radius.info, requests come in CHAP format:
>
> Login incorrect: [ilia/G‹áV#MESC®Ê4zñD]:

That's not CHAP, that's a usual login/password attempt. Your mistake is
the same as before: the NAS and the server are using different shared keys.

(FYI: In the case of a CHAP login attemp you will see the literal string
"[ilia/{chap-password}]")

>  Maybe gnu-radius is not working well with CHAP ?

It works well.

> ... so, how can I emulate CHAP requests using radauth command ?

You will have to manually compute the CHAP challenge and password and
send them in the attributes CHAP-Password and CHAP-Challenge. See
RFC 1994.

Regards,
Sergey