help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Problems with 1.0 and --enable-shadow

From: Andrea Mistrali
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Problems with 1.0 and --enable-shadow
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:12:15 +0200

Hi to all!

Reading the code I guess that if I configure GNU RADIUS with --enable-shadow
it will only look for passwords in /etc/shadow and it will not fall back to
reading/etc/passwd if I use Auth-Type=System.

A workaround is to use --enable-pam and Auth-Type=Pam, but I'm sure (still
using it) that version 0.96.4, configured with --enable-shadow will fall back
to/etc/passwd not founding /etc/shadow. I think that this should be the most
intuitive behaviour, but I would like to know if I read the code correctly.

I would even like to know if the old behaviour would be restored in next
versions.

TIA

--
 Andrea Mistrali