help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] NAS

From: Charles Sprickman
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] NAS
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:55:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Oliver Dagher wrote:

> this may sound stupid but is NAS directly installed with radius or i
> only configure it with radius? should it be installed seperatly?

A NAS or "Network Access Server" would generally be another piece of
hardware that provides access to your network.  Most commonly, this would
be a dialin box like an Ascend Max/TNT, 3Com TotalAccess, etc.  Other
access equipment that uses radius includes Wireless Access Points, VPN
servers, and DSL aggregation boxes.  There are many other things that
might be called a NAS, but I think those are the most common devices.

Thanks,

Charles