help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] secondary RADIUS server?

From: Lewis Watson
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] secondary RADIUS server?
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 04:20:58 -0600

> Hi everyone!
> I'm working on the following setup:
>    RADIUS-server 1 (running XTRadius) is contacted for authentication. If this
> server does not know the user, it should not deny access, but check with a 2nd
> RADIUS-server. If this server doesn't 'like' the user either, access should be
> denied. If the 2nd server does like the user, this RADIUS-server should handle
> authentication/accounting.
> How do I configure this...?
>
> Regards,
>  Evert Meulie

Hi Evert,
On Cisco access servers you can have more than one Radius server by configuring
two radius servers as follows...

radius-server host 1.1.1.1 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
radius-server host 1.1.1.2 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646

There's probably more ways to do this but I know this way works. It will deny
the user on the first server, then the RAS will try the second Radius server to
authenticate the user.
Good luck,
Lewis