help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] GNU Radius 1.2.94.

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] GNU Radius 1.2.94.
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:58:17 +0200

> Hello Sergei or a person who reads this email,

Hi Irina,

> I am looking into upgrading from gnu-radius-0.96.4 to radius-1.2.95.

I'd suggest you to get version 1.3 at once.

> I have received a patch from you in the past that I would apply to acct.c.
[...]
> The patch is below.  If applied then radiusd creates not a "detail"
> file but "detail-%Y-%m-%d.%H".

You won't need this patch any more. Version 1.3 provides
`detail-file-name' statement which does basically what you
need. However, I failed to predict that time functions will be
needed, therefore you will also need the attached patch. The patch
will be included in the future versions, so you won't have to bother
about it again.

To summarize:

1) Get version 1.3

2) Read NEWS file for the important information that will help you
to upgrade from the old version. Please read the entries for version
1.2 as well, as it is relevant to upgrading from 0.96.4; in particular,
pay attention to the chapter 'Important notes for upgrading from earlier
versions of GNU Radius'

3) Apply the attached patch (I guess you know how to do it. If you
don't please don't hesitate to ask), configure, and compile the package.

4) To the `acct' section of your raddb/config, add the following
statement:

     detail-file-name "=nas_name(%[NAS-IP-Address]) + \"/detail.\" \
                       + strftime(\"%Y-%m-%d.%H\", time())"

When copying it, make sure you don't insert any spaces after the last
backslash on the first line.

5) Run and test it.

Regards,
Sergey