help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] RADIUS-MySQL problem

From: Georges Arnould
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] RADIUS-MySQL problem
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:02:49 +0100

I believe that I remember that :

- When you connect MySQL with "localhost", it tries to use the socket (wherever it is located)
- When you connect it with "127.0.0.1", it uses the network (lo) layer.

Georges

scsi valli a écrit :
Hi,

I am trying to use radauth, but I get an Authentication error-
Auth.error: [MYSQL] cannot connecto to localhost as root: Can't
connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

I have MySQL running with --user=root. I tried running with other user
names, and changing in the sqlserver to have the same user name, but
still get a similar error as above.

In my MySQL database, I have a RADIUS database, with the passwd and
attrib tables populated. The passwd table has user name and password,
while the attrib table has values for NAS-IP-Address and NAS-IP-Port
set to 127.0.0.1 and 1812 respectively.

The MySQL is running on port 3036, and I have the port in sqlserver
set to 3036, with servername as localhost.

I am doubting that something is wrong with the users file. It just
contains the Default entry
DEFAULT Auth-Type = SQL,
Simultaneous-Use = 1
Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP

Do I have to add an entry here for user 'radius' as well??

Please let me know how to overcome the problem.

Thanks in advance
shashi.