help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] sql interface

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] sql interface
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:40:08 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Alexander MASHTAKOV wrote:

I would like to pass whole auth. request to SQL
server, using stored proc (ODBC is preffered method).

I don't suppose you are talking about mysql or postgres since you
mention ODBC? I can tell you if windows is a necessity, mysql runs on
windows and gnu-radius will work just fine with that.

Is it possible to pass ALL request's attributes to
external stored proc in a form of text-based list,
check sp's return value (accept/reject/challenge) and
append avpairs from it's output parameter to reply,
that will be send to NAS ?

*** Begin copy from the manual.
interface iface-type
    Specifies the SQL interface to use. Currently supported values
for iface-type are mysql and postgres. ...
*** End copy.

ODBC configuration is beyond the scope of this list (and gnu-radius).
If you get it working and require code changes, though, I'm sure Sergey
would love to have some diffs and instructions to officially support
ODBC.

Without mentioning what flavor of SQL you are using I can't even
speculate workarounds.

Gerald