help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] dropping packet maximum number of childs

From: schedom nv :: bert colemont
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] dropping packet maximum number of childs
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:40:37 +0100

Hey all,

we are running the latest version of gnu radius, on a server with 4
cpu's. I see in the radius.log a lot dropping packets, maximum number of
children active.

When I increase the number to for example 32, I see in the log that he
kills children, so my guess is that he cannot handle 32 children.

max that I can set withoud getting child processes to killed is 20.

has anyone any idea on how to resolve this? or is it possible to use
some sort of proxy to divide the load on multiple machines?