help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Re: Diameter (RFC 3588) and EAP (RFC 3579) support?

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Re: Diameter (RFC 3588) and EAP (RFC 3579) support?
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 12:39:17 +0200

Sergey Poznyakoff <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Simon,
>
>> Is there any support for Diameter, RFC 3588, in GNU Radius?
>
> No, so far there is not.
>
>> Have you considered working on this, either as part of GNU Radius or
>> separately?
>
> Yes, I have. I'm rather leaning towards a separate implementation, but
> I haven't decided for sure yet.
>
>> Do you have any ideas on how such an implementation should behave?
>
> The RFC 3588 describes the protocol clearly enough, I believe. Do you
> have some ideas?

I haven't studied it too carefully, but a separate implementation sounds
good.  I was mostly interested to see if if you were aware of any
substantial overlap with Radius that would warrant re-use of code.

>> Also, is there any support for Radius+EAP, as in RFC 3579? Any plans or
>> ideas around this?
>
> Unfortunately, there is not. I had planned to implement it but got
> distracted by another projects. Do you wish to lend a hand?

I'd like to work on this, but time is limited.  I need to check whether
my priority should be Diameter or Radius+EAP.

/Simon