help-gnu-utils

Using an expect script within a bash shell script.

From: Scott Werschke
Subject: Using an expect script within a bash shell script.
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:02:53 -0700

I am currently working on a post-install script using bash.  Along with prompting for user input and getting various server services up and running, I would like to be able to draw from a table of users and assign them an initial password.  I am writing my primary script in bash, but have only found a method for changing and/or setting a users password using an expect script.  This script works fine, but I am looking for some way to "integrate" or call the expect script to set the user password from the bash shell script.  Any suggestions?

Thanks