help-gnu-utils

Re: How to use a different ld-linux.so?

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: How to use a different ld-linux.so?
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:49:45 -0400

"Paul D. Smith" <psmith@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:
> we really need a way of choosing at runtime, not link time,
> what the pathname to the linker will be.

Do you?  It sounds like it would be enough to do something like this:
if the test system is known as /test in the outer, normal system, then
create a symlink /test/test -> ".".  Then put "/test/lib/..." in all
the binaries.  That path will mean the same thing in chroot/UML
context and in the "normal" context.  This is assuming you can relink
everything, though.

paul