Re: Case-insensitive make ?

From: Stan Brown
Subject: Re: Case-insensitive make ?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:14:10 -0500

"Guy Harrison" wrote in
>I don't think such an option exists. Your makefiles ought to work anyway
>unless you've been inconsistent with naming. NTFS is case-preserving - it's
>windows that's case-insensitive.

But that's my problem -- Win XP appears to be case sensitive, at
least sometimes.

For instance, under Win 98 I had a makefile called MAKEFILE. make
found it with no trouble, though it was looking for makefile (lower

But under Win XP, if I did
    make /f makefile
the makefile as not found, but if I did
    make /f MAKEFILE