Re: make problem

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: make problem
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:06:39 +0100

Henrik Carlqvist wrote:
address@hidden wrote:

So when I see that error, is it safe to assume
that should live in the directory following the -L?

The flag -L points to libraries which are staticaly linked to your
application. Those libraries are usually named *.a. Dynamically linked
libraries (*.so) are linked with your application at runtime and can be
pointed to by the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

If you have a file libnetcdf.a and that file contains the function
nf_close_ it might help to put that .a file in a directory pointed to with
the switch -L.

It's probably better to add a new -L switch, with the path to the library,
rather than moving it.

nm (name) will list all the symbols in a library.
Use --defined-only to see which symbols it provides, rather
than the symbols it requires.

Colin S. Miller

Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.