help-gnubatch

Re: [help-gnubatch] How do I run jobs on a remote node

From: Trygve Laugstøl
Subject: Re: [help-gnubatch] How do I run jobs on a remote node
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:04:34 +0200

John M Collins wrote:
On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 23:18 +0200, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to package GNUBatch for OpenCSW [1]. I've created a package and installed GNUBatch quite successfully. I can start it, run jobs with gbch-r and they're executed. I even get an email about it every time.

Now, the question is how do I get it to run the job on other nodes? I've been through the manuals but haven't been able to find much info on the subject. I can't find much info on how to create different queues, only how to write expressions to select them.

[1]: http://opencsw.org

--
Trygve

You firs need to have each other node set up so it sees "exported" jobs and variables from its peers - you should be able to change job parameters remotely etc.

You may have to run gbch-hostedit to set up other nodes' IP addresses and stop/restart the scheduler.

I think I've got the host file correctly configured. When I'm in gbch-hostedit I can see the (correct) IP of the host.

However, I'm not sure how to verify the file and the connection to the other hosts.

This is my setup:

$ cat /opt/csw/etc/gnubatch.hosts
# Host file created on 24/09/09 at 18:59:19

skybert-6       s6      probe,manual,trusted

When I'm trying to access a variable on a remote node (assuming this is the correct syntax) I'm getting:

$ gbch-var skybert-6:CLOAD
gbch-var: Unknown variable skybert-6:CLOAD

I did try to run "gbch-conn skybert-6" which seemed to work just fine after switching the connection type to manual.

Are there any log files I can look at?

--
Trygve