help-gnubatch

Re: [help-gnubatch] How to run a job on a remote machine?

From: Ralf Kraudelt
Subject: Re: [help-gnubatch] How to run a job on a remote machine?
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:29:50 +0200

Am 24.06.2012 11:28, schrieb Reuti:
>> I have a simple question, I guess. How can I run a remote runnable job on a remote machine?
>
> is it working if you use gbch-rr to send it to a remote machine directly, i.e. specifying the machine?

Thanks for your reply. gbch-rr works in both directions. My problem was a wrong understanding on "remote runable". It is meant for automatic load balancing on different machines. My idea was a central job repository to start jobs on remote machines. There's another answer by John Collins, who gives some hints on this topic.

Regards,
Ralf