help-gnubatch

[help-gnubatch] Jobs won't run - how can I debug?

From: Wechsler, Steven
Subject: [help-gnubatch] Jobs won't run - how can I debug?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 18:05:46 +0000

I’m still trying to implement gnu batch here. Currently I’m having an issue where all the jobs I attempt to start show up in gbch-jlist with the progress of “Strt”, and just stay there. I’m talking very simple jobs, just running ‘ls –l’. How can I see what’s happening and why these jobs aren’t running? Is there a way to turn on more verbose logging? I tried restarting the batch server, but it didn’t have any effect (Except to change those jobs that were already set to “Strt” to “Abrt”).

Thanks,

Steve Wechsler
Senior Database Administrator

Viacom Media Networks