Re: [Help-gnucap] comment in

From: Fernan Bolando
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] comment in
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:38:19 +0800

Yes, what I meant was in my models cc_direct section I need to access the
voltage across the input nodes.

I hope you can understand the code below I am still learning the model
basically if for example

trcond1 should equal the  voltage at n2 and n3 multiplied by  some other

then can I add
trcond1 = volts_limited(_n[n_n2],_n[n_n3]) * some other parameter);

what is the best way to achieve this?
basically this is for the vacuum tube model I am trying to learn
from Norman Koren paper

Ip = (Eg + Ep/u)^1.5/Kg1

where Eg is the grid voltage and Ep is the plate voltage
             and Kg is the one of the model parameters

am I taking the wrong approach here?

*** start sample

cpoly_g {n1,n2 n3,n4 n5,n6} state = cpolystate;
// snip

  calculated parameters{
     self_admitance "my cpoly_g self admitance";
     trcond1 "transconductance for node n2 and n3";
     trcond2 "transconductance for node n4 and n5";
//snip again

  bool  DEV_myMODEL::do_tr{

*** end sample

             al davis
             net>                                                       To
             Sent by:                  Fernan Bolando
             help-gnucap-bounc         <address@hidden>
             es+fernanbolando=                                          cc
             address@hidden         address@hidden
                                       Re: [Help-gnucap] comment in
             07/13/2003 01:09

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 10:55:38AM +0800, Fernan Bolando wrote:
> what does this comment mean?

> /* volts_limited: transient voltage, best approximation, with limiting
>  */
> does this mean I can't use it to probe the voltage accross my models

Strictly, that is correct.  In practice, when converged the error is
small enough that you probably won't notice.

It should be used only in the "gather" phase of model evaluation.  It
should never be used by anything called by a "probe" (print, plot,
alarm, ...) command.

You should use the model compiler if you can.  There, in the probe
section, if you just say something like "@n_base[V] - @n_sub[V]", it
should do the right thing.

Help-gnucap mailing list