help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Node numbers reorder?

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Node numbers reorder?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:55:14 -0500

On Sunday 20 February 2005 05:13 pm, Fredrik Jonsson wrote:
> I am running the net-list below and getting a little weird
> results. For example: since the voltage source vcc is
> connected between node 6 and ground, I am expecting to see 15
> volts at note 6 when calculating the dc operating point.
> Instead I see 15 volts at node 4.
> If I change the order of the components in the net-list the
> node numbers shift around.
> If I want to probe nodes for example in AC simulations I have
> to use the "new" node number assigned by the simulator.
> What is going on here?
>
> I am using Gnucap 2005.01.27 RCS 25.11 ,....

That's a development snapshot.  The tested releases have numbers
like "0.34".

You are seeing incomplete and buggy named-node support.  That
version, by mistake, has named-nodes on by default, but they
don't really work.

Reordering the nodes is correct behavior, but it is incorrect to
show the reordered numbers to you.  Sometimes you see the user
names.  Sometimes you see the internal numbers.

For sensible behavior, turn named nodes off:
".option nonamednodes"

There is a new development snapshot available
gnucap-2005-02-20.tar.gz
It has named nodes off by default.  Named node support is still
incomplete, but I am working on it.